Institutions Using OCREB
The Ontario Cancer Research Ethics Board (OCREB) is an oncology-specific provincial resource providing ethics review and ongoing ethics oversight of multi-centre clinical trials. Its objectives are to: provide high quality ethics reviews, protect the safety and rights of human research participants, reduce the duplication associated with reviews of the same research by multiple research ethics boards, and simplify and accelerate the initiation of multi-centre oncology clinical research in Ontario.
OCREB as Research Ethics Board of Record
Ontario centres with an agreement in place can submit a research project to OCREB for review. As their Research Ethics Board of Record, OCREB is fully accountable to the institution for initial and ongoing ethics review and ongoing oversight of the research; OCREB may approve, reject, propose modifications to, put on hold or terminate the research project at its sole discretion.
OCREB Board of Record Centres (Printable version) (REVISED)
The following centres have a letter of intent in place authorizing their institution to use OCREB as Board of Record (BOR) for multi-centre oncology research. The institution decides whether to use OCREB as Board of Record on a study-by-study basis by executing a Board of Record Study Agreement, which includes the division of responsibilities between the Ontario Cancer Research Ethics Board and the participating institution.
1. Trillium Health Partners – Mississauga Hospital;
2. Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre;
3. Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket;
4. Windsor Regional Hospital;
5. Toronto East General Hospital;
6. University Health Network - Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto;
7. Hamilton Health Sciences;
8. Grand River Hospital, Kitchener;
9. Cambridge Memorial Hospital;
10. Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto;
11. The Ottawa Hospital;
12. Niagara Health Services, St. Catharines;
13. Lawson Research Institute - London Health Sciences Centre;
14. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto;
15. Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga;
16. William Osler Health Centre, Brampton;
17. Kingston General Hospital;
18. St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto;
19. North York General Hospital;
20. Royal Victoria Hospital, Barrie;
21. Hôpital régional de Sudbury Regional Hospital;
22. St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton;
23. Lakeridge Health, Oshawa;
24. Women’s College Hospital, Toronto;
25. St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Toronto;
26. Humber River Hospital, Toronto.