OICR Master Research Agreement
Successful applicants will sign a Master Research Agreement with OICR. The MRA, among other terms and conditions, will:
1) Identify the lead parties for specific activities defined in the Request approved by OICR. For commercialization activities, the lead parties will be determined on a “best able to develop and commercialize the IP” basis having considered the following factors at a minimum:
1.1) A thorough understanding of the needs of market receptors relative to the IP;
1.2) Availability and access to opportunities, including in-licensing where appropriate, to bundle IP across complementary fields of activity;
1.4) Demonstrated capability; and
1.5) Timeliness and workload.
In most cases the lead party will be the Recipient institution’s Technology Transfer Office or in the case of a start-up company, the executive management.
2) Describe reporting mechanisms including, but not limited to, disclosure procedures for IP arising during the course of the Project;
3) Identify milestones (e.g., key deliverables) and provide a schedule for their completion and the release of funds;
4) Describe a detailed budget directly linked to the milestones;
5) Define the responsibilities of the Lead Parties and progress reporting requirements; and
6) Describe the Consideration from the Recipient to OICR in the form of royalties, milestone payments, or other mechanisms for revenue sharing.