- Program Director, Innovation in Target Validation, Terry Fox Research Institute (Ontario Node) , Innovation in Target Validation - Terry Fox Research Institute (Ontario Node)
The Terry Fox Research Institute offers an exciting new model for cancer research, a virtual institute to overcome geographical and professional boundaries. It brings together clinical and scientific researchers from across the country, with nodes currently in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.
The major focus of the Ontario node, headed by Dr. Robert Rottapel, will be to provide the resources for Ontario cancer researchers to enable them to perform high-throughput screening and follow up interesting leads, with the intention of identifying new cancer targets, acquiring a deeper knowledge of the development and progression of cancer, and providing new opportunities to treat cancer.
The TFRI and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) have entered into a collaboration to create a framework for establishment and continued operation of this program.
For more information about Dr. Rottapel's research, please visit The Rottapel Lab .
|2008 -||Program Director, Innovation in Target Validation, Terry Fox Research Institute (Ontario Node), Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR).|
|2007 -||Full Member, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto.|
|2006 -||Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto.|
|2005 -||Division Head and Senior Scientist, Division of Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute.|
|2000 -||Rheumatologist, Department of Medicine, St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto.|
|2007 - 2012||Amgen Chair for Cancer Research, University Health Network (UHN).|
- Bakal CJ, Wu C, Finan D, Neale C, Rottapel R.
A RhoGEF/dynein complex that activates Rho is required for spindle assembly
- Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 2005; 5;102:9529-34
- Ilangumaran S, Ramanathan S, La Rose J, Poussier P, Rottapel R
Suppressor of cytokine signalling 1 regulates IL-15 receptor signalling in CD8+CD44 high memory T lymphocytes
- J Immunol, 2003;171:2435-45
- Chan PM, Ilangumaran S, La Rose J, Chakrabartty A, Rottapel R
Autoinhibition of the kit receptor tyrosine kinase by the cytosolic juxtamembrane region
- Mol Cell Biol. 2003;9:3067-78
- Okkenhaug K, Wu L, Ohashi P, Mak TW, Rottapel R
A point mutation in CD28 distinguishes proliferative from survival signals
- Nature Immunology. 2001;2:235
- de Sepulveda P, Ilangumaran S, La Rose J, Rottapel R
Socs1 precipitates the proteolytic destruction of the hematopoietic specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav
- Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2000; 275:14005-14008