Dr. Juergens’ clinical expertise is in lung and esophageal cancer. Her areas of research expertise involve improving therapeutics and diagnostics in cancer. Dr. Juergens is an OICR Clinical Research Scholar. Her research focus for this project is in the development of functional imaging technology. She has a particular interest in diagnostics and therapeutics in nuclear medicine including trials using FDG and FLT PET scans. She is also interested in the development of new probes that can help personalize cancer treatments. Her other research has been in developmental therapeutics with a concentration on Phase I and II clinical trials. A large amount of her research has focused on epigenetics. She has designed innovative clinical trials assessing dual epigenetic blockade through the use of DNA methyltransferase and histone deacetylase inhibitors as therapeutic options in oncology.
|2011 -||Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, McMaster University, Juravinski Cancer Centre (JCC).|
|2011 -||Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University.|
|2011 -||Active Staff, Department of Oncology, Juravinski Cancer Centre (JCC).|
|2011 -||Courtesy Staff, Department of Medicine, St. Joseph's Hospital, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH).|
|2011 -||Part Time Staff, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital.|
|2011 -||Clinician-Scientist II, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR).|
|2009 - 2010||Active Staff, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital.|
|2009 - 2010||Assistant Professor of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.|
|2007 - 2010||Assistant Professor of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.|
|2007 - 2010||Active Staff, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital.|
|2006 - 2007||Contract Physician, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital.|
|2006 - 2007||Chief Medical Oncology Fellow, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.|
- Rosalyn A. Juergens MD, John Wrangle MD, Frank P. Vendetti BS, Sara Murphy MS, Ming Zhao PhD, Barbara Coleman RN, Rosa Sebree, Kristen Rodgers BS, Craig M. Hooker MPH, Noreli Franco PhD, Beverly Lee BA, Salina Tsai MD, Igor Espinoza Delgado MD, Michelle A. Rudek PharmD PhD, Steven Belinsky MD, James G. Herman MD, Stephen B. Baylin MD, Malcolm V. Brock MD, Charles M. Rudin MD PhD.
Combination Epigenetic Therapy Has Efficacy in Patients with Refractory Advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Cancer Discovery 2011 Dec 1:598-607.
- Paul K. Paik, Charles M. Rudin, Maria C. Pietanza, Andrew Brown, Naiyer A. Rizvi, Naoko Takebe, William Travis, Leonard James, Michelle S. Ginsberg, Rosalyn Juergens, Susan Markus, Leslie Tyson, Sara Subzwari, Mark G. Kris, and Lee M. Krug.
Brief Report of a Phase II Study of Obatoclax Mesylate, a Bcl-2 Antagonist, Plus Topotecan in Relapsed Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Lung Cancer. 2011 Dec;74(3):481-5.
- Charles M. Rudin, Ann Mauer, Martin Smakal, Rosalyn Juergens, Stanislav Spelda, Michael Wertheim, Andrew Coates, Evelyn McKeegan, Peter Ansell, Xiangdong Zhou, Jane Qian, Rajendra Pradhan, Andrew Krivoshik and Gary Gordon.
A Phase 1/2 Study of Pemetrexed with or without ABT-751 in Advanced or Metastatic Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- 2011 Mar 10;29(8):1075-82.
- Paik PK, Rudin CM, Brown A, Rizvi NA, Takebe N, Travis W, James L, Ginsberg MS, Juergens R, Markus S, Tyson L, Subzwari S, Kris MG, Krug LM.
A phase I study of obatoclax mesylate, a Bcl-2 antagonist, plus topotecan in solid tumor malignancies.
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 2010 Nov;66(6):1079-85.
- Juergens R, Brahmer J, Ettinger D.
Gemcitabine and Vinorelbine in Recurrent Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Sequence Does Matter.
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 2007;Apr;59(5):621-9.