Dr. Amit Oza
Dr. Amit Oza is Head of the Division of Medical Oncology & Hematology, and Medical Director of the Cancer Clinical Research Unit at Princess Margaret (PM) Cancer Centre. He is also co-Director of the Bras Drug Development Program at PM Cancer Centre, Scientist at the Ontario Cancer Institute, and Professor of Medicine at University of Toronto. He leads OICR’s Ovarian Cancer Translational Research Initiative.
Dr. Oza has been the principal investigator and co-investigator in more than 100 clinical trials for gynecological cancer and advanced colorectal malignancies. He is the past co-chair of the National Cancer Institute Gynecologic Cancer Steering Committee, and Executive Member of the international Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup.
- Senior Staff Physician, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Head, Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Chair, Investigational Drug Steering Committee, National Cancer Institute
- Head, Clinical Research DMOH Medicine, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Chair-Elect, Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup
- Chief Executive Officer, Ozmosis
- Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Fields Institute Fellow, Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences
- Co-founder & Director of Mathematical Medicine, Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences
- Medical Oncology
- Drug Development
- Clinical Trials
- Translational Research
- Gynecological Cancer
- Lheureux S, Braunstein M, Oza AM. Epithelial ovarian cancer: Evolution of management in the era of precision medicine. CA Cancer J Clin. 2019; 69(4):280-304.
- Moore KN, Secord AA, Geller MA, …, Oza AM, …, Monk BJ. Niraparib monotherapy for late-line treatment of ovarian cancer (QUADRA): a multicentre, open-label, single-arm, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2019;20(5):636-648.
- Lin KK, Harrell MI, Oza AM, …, Swisher EM. BRCA Reversion Mutations in Circulating Tumor DNA Predict Primary and Acquired Resistance to the PARP Inhibitor Rucaparib in High-Grade Ovarian Carcinoma. Cancer Discov. 2019;9(2):210-219.
- Del campo JM, Matulonis UA, Malander S, …, Oza AM, …, Mirza MR. Niraparib Maintenance Therapy in Patients With Recurrent Ovarian Cancer After a Partial Response to the Last Platinum-Based Chemotherapy in the ENGOT-OV16/NOVA Trial. J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(32):2968-2973.
- Oza AM, Matulonis UA, Malander S, …, Mirza MR. Quality of life in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer treated with niraparib versus placebo (ENGOT-OV16/NOVA): results from a double-blind, phase 3, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19(8):1117-1125.
- Lheureux S, Bruce JP, Burnier JV, …, Oza AM. Somatic BRCA1/2 Recovery as a Resistance Mechanism After Exceptional Response to Poly (ADP-ribose) Polymerase Inhibition. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35(11):1240-1249.
- Coleman RL, Oza AM, Lorusso D, …, Ledermann JA, ARIEL3 investigators. Rucaparib maintenance treatment for recurrent ovarian carcinoma after response to platinum therapy (ARIEL3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2017;390(10106):1949-1961.
- Mirza MR, Monk BJ, Herrstedt J, Oza AM, …, Matulonis UA, ENGOT-OV16/NOVA Investigators. Niraparib Maintenance Therapy in Platinum-Sensitive, Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(22):2154-2164.
See Dr. Oza’s recent publications on PubMed.
- University of Toronto Award for Teaching Excellence, 1996
- Hasselback Award for Teaching Excellence, 1994, 1996
- Proxime Accessit in Walsham Prize in Surgical Pathology, 1983
- Commendation in Duke Elder National Ophthalmology, 1982
- FRCP, Royal College of Physicians
- MD, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians
- MB, University of London
- BSc, University of London
Opportunities to collaborate
For opportunities to collaborate with Dr. Oza, please contact him directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
Dr. Amit Oza