Dr. Jüri Reimand
Current cancer research routinely generates large-scale datasets, however understanding the data remains a great challenge. Dr. Reimand’s lab develops and applies methods to interpret cancer data using pathway and network information. Pathways and networks represent knowledge from earlier research that helps to highlight aspects of data that tell us about underlying biology. With this in mind, Reimand and his team aim to explain -omics data, discover cancer driver genes and predictive biomarkers, interpret the function of genome mutations and discover master gene regulators of cellular processes.
- Investigator I, OICR;
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto.
- Pathways and networks;
- Cancer drivers;
- Data integration.
Reimand J, Bader GD.
Systematic analysis of somatic mutations in phosphorylation signaling predicts novel cancer drivers.
Mol Syst Biol. 2013;9:637. doi: 10.1038/msb.2012.68.
Reimand J, Wagih O, Bader GD.
Evolutionary constraint and disease associations of post-translational modification sites in human genomes.
PLoS Genet. 2015 Jan 22;11(1):e1004919. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1004919. eCollection 2015.
Meyer M, Reimand J, et al.
Single cell-derived clonal analysis of human glioblastoma links functional and genomic heterogeneity.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Jan 20;112(3):851-6. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1320611111. Epub 2015 Jan 5.
Wagih O, Reimand J, Bader GD.
MIMP: predicting the impact of mutations on kinase-substrate phosphorylation.
Nat Methods. 2015 Jun;12(6):531-3. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.3396. Epub 2015 May 4.
Reimand J, Kull M, Peterson H, Hansen J, Vilo J.
g:Profiler–a web-based toolset for functional profiling of gene lists from large-scale experiments.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2007 Jul; 35(Web Server issue): W193–W200. Published online 2007 May 3. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkm226
Tools and software
- g:Profiler -a web server for functional interpretation of gene lists
- ActiveDriver – a computational method for identifying ‘active’ sites in proteins
Previous experience and education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, University of Toronto;
- Marie Curie Pre-doctoral Research Fellow, EMBL, European Bioinformatics Institute;
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia;
- M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia.
Opportunities to collaborate
- Pathway and network analysis;
- Cancer driver discovery;
- Mutation analysis.