Dr. Jüri Reimand
Current cancer research routinely generates large-scale datasets, however understanding the data remains a great challenge. Dr. Reimand’s lab develops and applies methods to interpret cancer data using pathway and network information. Pathways and networks represent knowledge from earlier research that helps to highlight aspects of data that tell us about underlying biology. With this in mind, Reimand and his team aim to explain -omics data, discover cancer driver genes and predictive biomarkers, interpret the function of genome mutations and discover master gene regulators of cellular processes.
- Investigator I, OICR
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto
- Pathways and networks
- Cancer drivers
- Data integration
- Reimand J, Isserlin R, Voisin V, …, Bader GD. Pathway enrichment analysis and visualization of omics data using g:Profiler, GSEA, Cytoscape and EnrichmentMap. Nat Protoc. 2019; 14(2):482-517.
- Huang KL, Mashl RJ, Wu Y, …, Reimand J, …, Ding L. Pathogenic Germline Variants in 10,389 Adult Cancers. Cell. 2018; 173(2):355-370.e14.
- Krassowski M, Paczkowska M, Cullion K, …, Reimand, J. ActiveDriverDB: human disease mutations and genome variation in post-translational modification sites of proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018; 46(D1):D901-D910.
- Wadi L, Meyer M, Weiser J, …, Reimand J. Impact of outdated gene annotations on pathway enrichment analysis. Nat Methods. 2016;13(9):705-6.
- Reimand J, Arak T, Adler P, …, Vilo J. g:Profiler-a web server for functional interpretation of gene lists (2016 update). Nucleic Acids Res. 2016; 44(W1):W83-9.
- Reimand J, Wagih O, Bader GD. Evolutionary constraint and disease associations of post-translational modification sites in human genomes. PLoS Genet. 2015;11(1):e1004919.
- Meyer M, Reimand J, …, Dirks PB. Single cell-derived clonal analysis of human glioblastoma links functional and genomic heterogeneity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2015; 112(3):851-6.
- Wagih O, Reimand J, Bader GD. MIMP: predicting the impact of mutations on kinase-substrate phosphorylation. Nat Methods. 2015; 12(6):531-3.
- Reimand J, Kull M, Peterson H, …, Vilo J. g:Profiler–a web-based toolset for functional profiling of gene lists from large-scale experiments. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007; 35(Web Server issue): W193–W200.
Tools and software
- g:Profiler -a web server for functional interpretation of gene lists
- ActiveDriver – a computational method for identifying ‘active’ sites in proteins
Previous experience and education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, University of Toronto
- Marie Curie Pre-doctoral Research Fellow, EMBL, European Bioinformatics Institute
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
- M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
Opportunities to collaborate
- Pathway and network analysis
- Cancer driver discovery
- Mutation analysis
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
Dr. Juri Reimand