Dr. Malcolm Moore
Dr. Malcom Moore was Director of the Drug Development Program and co-director of the McCain Centre for Pancreatic Cancer at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto. His major research interest is in new drug development for pancreatic cancer. He has been a principal investigator for many Phase I, II, and III studies and was instrumental in the development of a number of agents that have been approved for clinical use including both gemcitabine, nab-paclitaxel and erlotinib in pancreatic cancer. His present research interest is in defining therapeutically relevant genetically defined subsets of pancreatic cancer such as those with homologous DNA repair deficiencies.
- OICR Associate, OICR;
- Advisor on Cancer Research, Simon Fraser University;
- Associate Dean of Cancer Research, University of British Columbia;
- President, BC Cancer Agency;
- Professor of Medicine, University of British Columbia;
- Doctor of Science, honoris causa, University of Waterloo;
- Specialty Certification in Medical Oncology, Canada;
- Fellowship in Internal Medicine, Canada;
- MD, Western University.
Von Hoff DD, Ervin T, Arena FP, Chiorean EG, Infante J, Moore M, Seay T, Tjulandin SA, Ma WW, Saleh MN, Harris M, Reni M, Dowden S, Laheru D, Bahary N, Ramanathan RK, Tabernero J, Hidalgo M, Goldstein D, Van Cutsem E, Wei X, Iglesias J, Renschler MF.
Increased survival in pancreatic cancer with nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabine.
N Engl J Med. 2013 Oct 31;369(18):1691-703
Neoptolemos JP, Moore MJ, Cox TF, Valle JW, Palmer DH, McDonald AC, Carter R, Tebbutt NC, Dervenis C, Smith D, Glimelius B, Charnley RM, Lacaine F, Scarfe AG, Middleton MR, Anthoney A, Ghaneh P, Halloran CM, Lerch MM, Oláh A, Rawcliffe CL, Verbeke CS, Campbell F, Büchler MW.
Effect of adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid or gemcitabine vs observation on survival in patients with resected periampullary adenocarcinoma: the ESPAC-3 periampullary cancer randomized trial. European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer.
JAMA. 2012 Jul 11;308(2):147-56
Jonker DJ, O’Callaghan CJ, Karapetis CS, Zalcberg JR, Tu D, Au HJ, Berry SR, Krahn M, Price T, Simes RJ, Tebbutt NC, van Hazel G, Wierzbicki R, Langer C, Moore MJ.
Cetuximab for the treatment of colorectal cancer.
N. Engl J Med. 357:2040-8, 2007
Moore MJ, David Goldstein, John Hamm, Arie Figer, Joel R Hecht, Steven Gallinger, Heather J Au, Pawel Murawa, David Walde, Robert Wolff, Daniel Campos, Robert Lim, Keyue Ding, Theodora Voskoglou-Nomikos, Mieke Ptasynski, Wendy Parulekar.
Erlotinib plus Gemcitabine Compared With Gemcitabine Alone in Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Phase III Trial of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group.
Journal of Clinical Oncology 25:1960-1966, 2007
Burris H, Moore MJ, Andersen J, Tarassoff P, Green M, Portenoy R, Von Hoff DD
Improvements in survival and clinical benefit with gemcitabine as first-line therapy for patients with advanced pancreas cancer: a randomized trial
Journal of Clinical Oncology 15:2403-2413, 1997
Previous experience and education
- President, International Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology;
- Bergsagel Chair in Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto;
- Co-Director, McCain Centre for Pancreatic Cancer;
- Affiliate Scientist, Ontario Cancer Institute;
- Physician-in-chief, Princess Margaret Hospital;
- Head, Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, UHN, Mount Sinai Hospital;
- Division Director, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Toronto;
- Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto;
- Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto;
- Ho Chair in Prostate Cancer Research, Princess Margaret Hospital;
- Chair, NCIC Clinical Trial Group GI disease site, Canada;
- New Drug Development Program, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre;
- Senior Scientist, Ontario Cancer Institute;
- Graduate Faculty, Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy, University of Toronto;
- Staff Physician, Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy, University of Toronto.