Dr. Marc Fiume
Dr. Marc Fiume is the Chief Executive Officer and Founder of DNAstack – a Toronto-based genomics company that has created an advanced platform for genomics data storage, bioinformatics, and sharing on the cloud.
Dr. Fiume is an associate at OICR, working closely with a variety of teams in OICR’s Genome Informatics and Computational Biology groups to create software tools that enable genomics research.
Dr. Fiume also co-leads the Discovery Work Stream of the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH), an international group of organizations working to create a unified data discovery platform that makes it easier to find and use data for genomics and clinical analyses. He is the Co-Chair of the Beacon project, which is working to create a ‘Google for genomics’.
- Associate, OICR;
- Chief Executive Officer and Founder, DNAstack;
- Chair, Beacon Project, Global Alliance for Genomics and Health;
- Chair, Discovery Workstream, Global Alliance for Genomics and Health;
- Instructor, Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop, Bioinformatics.ca.
- Computational biology;
- Data sharing;
- Big data.
Global Alliance for Genomics and Health.
A federated ecosystem for sharing genomic, clinical data.
Science. 2016; 352(6291):1278-80.
Wang B, Mezlini AM, Demir F, Fiume M, Tu Z, Brudno M, Haibe-Kains B, Goldenberg A.
Similarity network fusion for aggregating data types on a genomic scale.
Nat Methods. 2014; 11(3):333-7.
Fiume M, Smith EJ, Brook A, Strbenac D, Turner B, Mezlini AM, Robinson MD, Wodak SJ, Brudno M.
Savant Genome Browser 2: visualization and analysis for population-scale genomics.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2012; 40(Web Server issue):W615-21.
Fiume M, Williams V, Brook A, Brudno M.
Savant: genome browser for high-throughput sequencing data.
Bioinformatics. 2010; 26(16):1938-44.
- Ontario Brain Institute, Entrepreneur Award, 2014;
- University of Toronto, Doctoral Completion Award, 2013, 2014;
- University of Toronto, School of Graduate Studies Conference Grant, 2013, 2014;
- NSERC, Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship, Doctoral level, 2011;
- NSERC, Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship, Master’s level, 2010.
- PhD, University of Toronto;
- MSc, University of Toronto;
- BSc, University of Toronto.
Opportunities to collaborate
For opportunities to collaborate with Dr. Fiume, please contact him directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
Dr. Marc Fiume