Dr. Quaid Morris
Associate and Senior Investigator
Dr. Quaid Morris is a professor at the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research (University of Toronto) where he also holds cross-appointments in Molecular Genetics and Computer Science. Dr Morris is also a faculty member of the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
The Morris Lab uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to do biomedical research, focusing on cancer evolution, post-transcriptional regulation, and gene function prediction. His work also spans biological image analysis and electronic health record analysis.
Since establishing his lab in 2005, Dr. Morris has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers in journals and high-impact computer science conferences. His work has gained nearly 15,000 citations. He is an expert in machine learning and its application to genomics data.
- Senior Investigator, OICR
- Associate, OICR
- Professor, Donnelly Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Faculty, Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Co-director of Graduate Stream in Computational Biology, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto
- Computational biology
- Machine learning
- Cancer genomics
- Functional genomics
- Health informatics
- Tarabichi M, Martincorena I, Gerstung M, …, Morris QD, …, Van Loo P, PCAWG Evolution and Heterogeneity Working Group. Neutral tumour evolution? Nature Genetics. 2018; 50:1630–1633.
- Espiritu SMG, Liu LY, Rubanova Y, …, Morris QD, Bristow RG, Boutros PC. The Evolutionary Landscape of Localized Prostate Cancers Drives Clinical Aggression. Cell. 2018;173(4):1003-1013.e15.
- Anghel CV, Quon G, Haider S, …, Morris QD, Boutros PC. ISOpureR: an R implementation of a computational purification algorithm of mixed tumour profiles. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015; 16:156.
- Deshwar AG, Vembu S, Yung C, …, Morris QD. PhyloWGS: Reconstructing subclonal composition and evolution from whole genome sequencing of tumors. Genome Biology. 2015; 16:35.
Previous experience and education
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Biology, New York Univerity
- Visiting Researcher, Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG)
- PhD in Computational Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Opportunities to collaborate
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
Dr. Quaid Morris