PM-OICR Translational Genomics Laboratory
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre-Ontario Institute for Cancer Research Translational Genomics Laboratory (TGL) is a joint collaborative workspace in the MaRS complex, located at University Avenue and College Street in downtown Toronto. TGL was built to further the use of genomics technologies in the clinical oncology space. TGL provides research support to the Ontario cancer research community as part of OICR’s Global Leadership in Precision Oncology Strategic Initiative.
TGL is formulated to accelerate clinical oncology research through partnership and drive key initiatives:
- Facilitate access to genome-wide multi-omic assays from pathology specimens (Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded, FFPE);
- Identify molecular patterns of patient outcome and clinical variables from standard of care, and second line therapies;
- Develop integrated analysis methods to facilitate robust tumour phenotypic classification;
- Facilitate actionable mutation detection through an emphasis on multiplatform molecular diagnostics, including methylation, transcriptome and exome sequencing;
- Integrate variant reporting into work streams through cBioPortal and Heliotrope allowing rapid, automated dissemination of results to the oncologic community and research databases, including ICGCmed.
TGL participates in a variety of programs including clinical trial research through the Princess Margaret Cancer Genomics Program, which provides extended capabilities and infrastructure. TGL is supporting the Ontario-wide Cancer Targeted Nucleic Acid Evaluation (OCTANE) trial, which will increase cancer patient access to next generation sequencing technology in therapeutic management. OCTANE will establish large provincial cohorts of consented patients for NGS-based genomic profiling that may inform the use of approved therapies and identify patients that may benefit from advanced molecular profiling within TGL. TGL will prioritize research grade lab and computational capabilities to advance, validate and translate robust protocols for integration by clinical laboratories (College of American Pathologist (CAP), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA)) in the Ontario healthcare community.
For more information about TGL visit labs.oicr.on.ca/translational-genomics-laboratory