BioLab: learning, training and connecting
BioLab at OICR manages state-of-art equipment for translational cancer research and offers free educational seminars, advanced technology workshops and hands-on instrument training sessions led by instrument application specialists.
The mission of BioLab is to provide continuous education and training for the next generation of Ontario cancer researchers using existing and advanced cancer-related technologies, applications, tools and instrumentation.
BioLab goes beyond basic theory and training to provide application-driven experiences. BioLab training explores the full potential of state-of-art cancer research equipment from experimental design, through correct equipment usage and even covers project-driven applications.
The training sessions offered by BioLab foster collaboration in the cancer research community and provide a place to share experiences, build new collaborations and drive cancer research forward.
Who can participate?
All educational seminars, workshops, and instrument training sessions offered are free to researchers at academic institutions and hospitals in Ontario. BioLab welcomes attendees of any level of experience and training, including clinicians, scientists, fellows, interns, students and research staff.
Upcoming BioLab workshops and seminars:
Educational Seminars are lecture-based learning platforms to provide continuous education on advanced new discoveries in biotechnology and translational cancer research.
Hands-on Biotechnology Workshops are designed to meet specific research goals related to particular laboratory techniques, workflows or procedures related to cancer research. The workshops are delivered by application specialists and designed for laboratory scientists who are looking for in-depth, hands-on protocol development.
BioLab is focusing its educational offerings on immuno-oncology across five key areas:
- Liquid Biopsy and Biomolecule detection technologies;
- Cell imaging and quantitative analysis;
- Cytometry for single cell omics;
- Visualization and quantification of cancer transcriptome;
- Innovations in digital pathology.
Amnis® Multispectral Imaging Flow Cytometry for Single Cell Analysis: Tools and Applications
BioLab at the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) and Luminex will co-host a seminar on Amnis® Multispectral Imaging Flow Cytometry for Single Cell Analysis: Tools and Applications on January 28, 2020, from 2 to 3 p.m. at OICR.
Imaging flow cytometry combines single-cell imaging capacities of microscopy with the high-throughput capabilities of conventional flow cytometry.
Recent advances in imaging flow cytometry are remarkable and can revolutionize single-cell analysis by providing the speed, sensitivity and phenotypic abilities of flow cytometry with imaging and functional insight of microscopy.
Join us to learn about more on Amnis® Imaging Flow Cytometers (FlowSight® and ImageStream®X Mk II) and their capabilities to perform functional, image-based assay analysis, such nuclear translocation, cell cycle analysis, apoptosis, cell-to-cell interaction, phagocytosis and internalization, spot counting, autophagy, immuno-FISH, RBC cell morphology, EV detection and quantification.
Location: OICR, 5 floor, 6-11/12
Date: January 28, 2020 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Virtual Reality (VR) in Cancer Imaging: Project Theia – Interactive VR Cancer Research Lab
November 29, 2019
- The Antibody Reproducibility Crisis
October 17, 2019 | [Download the slides for October 17th]
- Targeting Epigenetic Mechanisms: Challenges and Solutions
October 15, 2019 |[Download the slides]
- BioTek’s Cytation Multi-Mode Cell Imager: Practical Applications for Imaging and Quantification of Cell-Based Assays
September 18, 2019
- Development and Implementation of Clinical Proteomics for Precision Oncology: Applications at the Bedside
August 6, 2019 | [Watch Development and Implementation of Clinical Proteomics for Precision Oncology: Applications at the Bedside on YouTube]
- Magnetic 3D Bioprinting of Cells: an advance platform for developing tumor models for high throughput functional studies and drug screening
July 24, 2019 | [Watch Magnetic 3D Bioprinting of Cells: an advance platform for developing tumor models for high throughput functional studies and drug screening on YouTube]
- Improving Communication through Visuals: 10 Tips for Better Science Figures
July 11, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence in Cancer Imaging: Bridging the Gap between Pathologist and Algorithm
June 21, 2019 | [Watch Artificial Intelligence in Cancer Imaging: Bridging the Gap between Pathologist and Algorithm on YouTube]
- Live Cell Imaging with OkoLab BioStation and Leica SP8 Microscope
May 30, 2019
- IsoPlexis Single Cell Platform Links Functional Proteomics with Cancer Immunotherapy
May 28, 2019
- Oncomine Technology and Solutions for Utilization of Liquid Biopsy Assays in Cancer Research and Clinical Practice
May 9, 2019
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy: Exploring Field of View and Mosaic Function to Assemble Single High-Resolution Images into a Large Super image
April 24, 2019
- MACSQuant® Tyto® Flow Cell Sorter for Multiparametric Cell Sorting Based on Microchip Technology for Sterile and Gentle Cell Isolation
April 17, 2019
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy: Leica SP8 TCP Basics
April 10, 2019
- Smarter Medicine: Getting Started in Computational Pathology
April 9, 2019 | [Download the slides from May 9]
- Optimizing Ribonucleoprotein Delivery to Achieve Potent and Precise CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing
March 27, 2019
- Simultaneous Detection of Noncoding RNAs and Protein Cell Surface Markers from PBMC Subpopulations
January 31 and February 1st, 2019
- MaxCyte Flow Electroporation Technology: Choosing the Right Cell Engineering Technology from Discovery to Manufacturing
January 29, 2019
- Simultaneous Detection of mRNA transcripts and Proteins in Different Immune Cell Subsets
January 22, 2019
- Innovative Tools and Techniques for Isolation and Characterization of Cancer-Derived Exosomes (MACSPlex and MACSQuant)
January 16, 2019
- Novel Automated Platforms for CRISPR-Engineered Cell Lines and Synthetic sgRNA for Primary Cell and Screening Applications
November 29, 2018
- PrimeFlow RNA Assay for simultaneous detection of RNA and Protein by Flow Cytometry
November 8, 2018 | PowerPoint slides for Primeflow
- Three-Dimensional Organoid Cultures as In Vitro Models for Cancer Research: Applications and Prospective
October 24, 2018
- Tools and Techniques for Isolation and Multi-Plex Analysis of Cancer-Derived Exosomes via Flow Cytometry
October 10, 2018
- The Moffitt Cancer Center approach to pathology diagnostics supporting the delivery of precision oncology and immune-oncology treatments
October 16, 2018 | Video from October 16
- Introduction to Multiphoton Microscopy and Fluorescent Lifetime Microscopy (FLIM)
October 16, 2018
- Basics of Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy
October 4, 2018
- BioPlex 200 Analyzer: How to Use of xMAP Technology to Measure Complex Immune Responses
September 10, 2018
- Global Transcriptome Profiling for Better Biomarkers
September 5, 2018
- OkoLab BioStation for Live Cell Imaging by Leica SP8 Microscope
August 1st, 2018
- The Future of Diagnosis: Learning To Recognize Similar Images In Digital Pathology
July 31, 2018
- Computational Pathology Tools for Whole Slide Biomarker: ISH spot quantification at single cell resolution at the STTARR image analysis core facility
July 19, 2018
- OkoLab BioStation for Live Cell Imaging by Leica SP8 Microscope
June 25, 2018
- Circulating Tumor DNA (ctDNA): Detection and Applications in Curable Cancers
June 11, 2018
- Preparation of Single Cell Suspensions from Tissues for Cell RNA Sequencing by 10XGenomics
May 7, 2018
- Multiplexing and Applications of the QuantiGene™ Plex and ViewRNA™Assay in Cancer Research and Diagnostics
May 2, 2018
- Basics of Leica Laser TCS SP8 Confocal Microscopy
April 24, 2018
- Droplets for Cancer Detection in Liquid Biopsy
April 19, 2018
- Advancing Oncology Research with High Content Imaging and 3D Models: Technology and Application Overview
April 5, 2018
- MACS Technologies for Single Cell Omics: Methods for Sample Preparation, Cell Isolation and Single Cell Analysis for Cancer Research
March 29, 2018
- Quantitative Intracellular and Intra-Nuclear Spot Analysis Using Cytation-3 Digital Microscopy
February 13, 2018
- Visualize Gene Expression and Genetic Variations in Tumor Microenvironment: Applications of RNAscope and BaseScope ISH Technologies
February 5, 2018
Dr. Vanya Peltekova PhD
Lead, BioLab Operations, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
All inquiries can be addressed to Dr. Peltekova at email@example.com.
Seminars and workshops are for educational purposes only and are not an endorsement of any products or services by BioLab or by OICR.