OICR’s Adaptive Oncology, Therapeutic Innovation, and Clinical Translation research themes have joined forces to launch ‘OICR Mondays’, a new discussion series highlighting research ideas and challenges along the cancer care continuum.
These discussions bring together cancer researchers from across the province to discuss contemporary issues in the field, identify opportunities for collaboration and brainstorm on innovative, cross-disciplinary approaches that will lead to improved outcomes for cancer patients.
Each OICR Mondays discussion is moderated by a key opinion leader and features rapid presentations from guest speakers in each of the research themes. Talks are followed by an open and lively discussion with the audience. Occasionally OICR Mondays will also host shorter seminars, where trainee speakers are invited to present ahead of a guest speaker from the cancer research community. Everyone is welcome to attend.
OICR Mondays are delivered in hybrid format to allow participants from across the province to present and participate.
Synthetic Lethality in Cancer Therapeutics
June 13 | 3:30-5 p.m.
Moderator: Dr. Charlie Boone, University of Toronto
- Clinical perspective: Success of and development of resistance to current synthetic lethal drugs (PARP inhibitors) and emerging synthetic lethal drugs in the clinic. (Dr. Stéphanie Lheureux, UHN)
- SL target identification and biomarker perspective: Screening methods to identify synthetic lethal interactions and development of biomarkers for patient stratification and/or combination therapies. (Dr. David Gallo, Repare Therapeutics)
- Druggability perspective: Opportunities and challenges in drugging new synthetic lethal drug targets – not all genes are created equally. (Dr. Richard Marcellus, OICR Drug Discovery Program)
Meeting ID: 841 6724 9516 | Password: 707952
Find your local number: https://oicr-ca.zoom.us/u/kdzn461w4N
Save the date for OICR Mondays
- Monday September 12, 2022
- Monday November 14, 2022
- OICR Mondays continues with a schedule for 2023.
Stay in touch
OICR hosts regular scientific seminars to bring together the cancer research community, share ideas, and explore opportunities for collaboration. By subscribing below, you will be registered for OICR’s mailing list and also receive special news and invitations to upcoming scientific seminars.
Michelle Brazas – Adaptive Oncology
Sola Dokun – Clinical Translation
Jai Ramnauth – Therapeutic Innovation
If you would like to become part of the organizing committee, please contact email@example.com
Genomic Interpretation of Variants
Immuno-oncology — moving beyond the asymptote
Imaging’s Role in the Detection, Diagnosis and Treatment of Prostate Cancer