OICR’s Adaptive Oncology, Therapeutic Innovation, and Clinical Translation research themes have joined forces to launch ‘OICR Mondays’, a new discussion series highlighting research ideas and challenges along the cancer care continuum.
These discussions bring together cancer researchers from across the province to discuss contemporary issues in the field, identify opportunities for collaboration and brainstorm on innovative, cross-disciplinary approaches that will lead to improved outcomes for cancer patients.
Each OICR Mondays discussion is moderated by a key opinion leader and features rapid presentations from guest speakers in each of the research themes. Talks are followed by an open and lively discussion with the audience. Occasionally OICR Mondays will also host shorter seminars, where trainee speakers are invited to present ahead of a guest speaker from the cancer research community. Everyone is welcome to attend.
OICR Mondays are delivered in hybrid format to allow participants from across the province to present and participate.
Next event: February 13, 2023
“Pancreatic Cancer Translational Lifecycle: From Bench to Bedside“
- Time: 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Moderator: Dr. Steven Gallinger, Head, Clinical Translation and Co-Lead, PanCuRx, OICR
- Speaker (Adaptive Oncology): Dr. Faiyaz Notta, Co-Lead, PanCuRx, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, “The journey of PanCuRx”
- Speaker (Therapeutic Innovation): Dr. Irene Xie, Pathology Resident and PhD Candidate, University of Toronto, “High-throughput drug screening in patient derived organoids”
- Speaker (Clinical Translation): Dr. Jennifer Knox, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, “Using genomic sequencing to guide treatment for pancreatic cancer”
Join with Zoom:
Meeting ID: 841 6724 9516
Join in person:
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
661 University Ave Suite 510,
Toronto, ON M5G 0A
Save the date for OICR Mondays
- March 27: Prostate Cancer Translational Lifecycle
Stay in touch
OICR hosts regular scientific seminars to bring together the cancer research community, share ideas, and explore opportunities for collaboration. By subscribing below, you will be registered for OICR’s mailing list and also receive special news and invitations to upcoming scientific seminars.
Michelle Brazas – Adaptive Oncology
Sola Dokun – Clinical Translation
Jai Ramnauth – Therapeutic Innovation
If you would like to become part of the organizing committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OICR Mondays: Nina Adler and Anna Panchenko | November 28
OICR Mondays: Imaging and machine learning in breast cancer detection and management | November 14
Biomarker assays: From development to clinical adoption
Genomic Interpretation of Variants
Immuno-oncology — moving beyond the asymptote
Imaging’s Role in the Detection, Diagnosis and Treatment of Prostate Cancer