Executive Assistant, PanCuRx
Dr. Steven Gallinger is Head, Clinical Translation, OICR and co-leads OICR’s Translational Research Initiative focused on pancreatic cancer (PanCuRx). He is a Hepatobiliary/pancreatic (HPB) surgical oncologist at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto and member of the HPB Surgical Oncology Program at both the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Gallinger is also the co-Director of the Centre for Cancer Genetics at the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, co-Principal Investigator of the Zane Cohen Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Registry, Principal Investigator of the Ontario Pancreas Cancer Study, a member of the NIH funded Pancreas Cancer Genetic Epidemiology consortium, a population-based registry of pancreas cancer cases and their families which is now integrated with the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC). His research is focused on gastrointestinal (GI) cancer genetics – both the inherited and acquired molecular aspects of colorectal and pancreatic cancer.
- MD, University of Toronto
- MSc, University of Toronto
- Co-Lead, OICR’s PanCuRx Translational Research Initiative
- Surgical Oncologist, University Health Network
- Member, Hepatobiliary/Pancreatic Surgical Oncology Program, University Health Network
- Senior Investigator, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute of Mount Sinai Hospital
- Member, Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Graduate Studies, University of Toronto
- Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Member, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto
- Co-Director, Zane Cohen Digestive Diseases Clinical Research Centre, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Active Staff, General Surgery, Toronto General Hospital
- Co-Director, Centre for Cancer Genetics, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- Connor AA, Denroche RE, Jang GH, …, Gallinger S. Integration of Genomic and Transcriptional Features in Pancreatic Cancer Reveals Increased Cell Cycle Progression in Metastases. Cancer Cell. 2019;35(2):267-282.e7.
- Aung K, Fischer S, Denroche R, …, Gallinger S, Knox J. Genomics-Driven Precision Medicine for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Early Results from the COMPASS Trial. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24(6):1344-1354.
- Grant R, Denroche R, Borgida A, …, Gallinger S. Exome-Wide Association Study of Pancreatic Cancer Risk. Gastroenterology. 2018;154(3):719-722.e3.
- Connor A, Denroche R, Jang G, …, Gallinger S. Association of Distinct Mutational Signatures With Correlates of Increased Immune Activity in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3(6):774-783.
- Notta F, Chan-Seng-Yue M, Lemire M, …, Gallinger S. A renewed model of pancreatic cancer evolution based on genomic rearrangement patterns. Nature. 2017;542(7639):124.
- Holter S, Borgida A, Dodd A, …, Gallinger S. Germline BRCA Mutations in a Large Clinic-Based Cohort of Patients With Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33(28):3124-9.
- University Health Network, The Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Chair in HPB Surgery, 2014
- Oakdale Golf and Country Club/George Knudson Research Chair in Gastrointestinal Cancer, 2008
- University of Toronto, Department of Surgery, 4th Annual Charles H. Tator Surgeon-Scientist Mentoring Award, 2005
- University of Edinburgh, James IV Travelling Fellowship, 2005
- University of Toronto, Department of Surgery, Lister Prize, 2003
- Israel Cancer Research Fund, Scientific Award, 2001
- Mount Sinai Hospital, Lloyd S. Fogler Award, 2000
- University of Toronto, Department of Surgery, George Armstrong Peters Prize, 1995
To collaborate with Dr. Gallinger, please contact him directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
- Animal Model of the Human Immune System. Gallinger S, Hozumi N, Roder J, Sandhu J, Shpitz B: US Patent –Patent #08/102,905. 1996.
- Assessment of Risk for Colorectal Cancer. Cotterchio M, Gallinger S, Greenwood C, Hudson TJ, Zanke BW, Phillips M, Sundararajan S, Montpetit A, Laflamme P, Ferretti V. Patent # PCT/CA 2008/000424. Pub # WO/2008/106785. 2008.