Dr. Lillian Siu
Co-Principal Investigator, OCTANE
Dr. Lillian Siu is a senior medical oncologist at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and a Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto. She is the Co-Principal Investigator of the OICR-supported Ontario-wide Cancer TArgeted Nucleic Acid Evaluation (OCTANE) study.
Dr. Siu is the Director of the Phase I Program and Co-Director of the Bras and Family Drug Development Program at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, holds the BMO Chair in Precision Cancer Genomics, and is the clinical lead for the Tumor Immunotherapy Program at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Dr. Siu served on the Board of Directors for the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) for a four-year term (2012-2016). She also served as a member of the Nomination Committee for the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) (2014-2016). She currently serves on the AACR Board of Directors for a three-year term (2017-2020).
Dr. Siu’s major research focus is in the area of new anticancer drug development, particularly with respect to phase I trials and head and neck malignancies. In addition to her active research in early phase clinical trials, she has been leading genomics initiatives and immuno-oncology trials at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
- Co-Principal Investigator, Ontario-wide Cancer TArgeted Nucleic Acid Evaluation (OCTANE) study;
- Senior Staff Medical Oncologist, Princess Margaret Cancer centre;
- Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto;
- Clinical Lead, Tumour Immunotherapy Program, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre;
- Executive Director, Cancer Genomics Program, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre;
- Director of Phase I Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network;
- Head and neck cancers;
- Early phase clinical trials;
- Experimental therapeutics;
- Cancer genomics;
- Immuno oncology;
- Precision oncology.
Cescon D, Siu LL.
Cancer Clinical Trials: The Rear-View Mirror and the Crystal Ball.
Cell. 2017; 168(4):575-578.
Siu LL, Lawler M, Haussler D, Knoppers BM, Lewin J, Vis DJ, Liao RG, Andre F, Banks I, Barrett JC, Caldas C, Camargo AA, Fitzgerald RC, Mao M, Mattison JE, Pao W, Sellers WR, Sullivan P, Teh BT, Ward RL, ZenKlusen JC, Sawyers CL, Voest EE.
Facilitating a culture of responsible and effective sharing of cancer genome data.
Nat Med. 2016; 22(5):464-71.
Stockley TL, Oza AM, Berman HK, Leighl NB, Knox JJ, Shepherd FA, Chen EX, Krzyzanowska MK, Dhani N, Joshua AM, Tsao MS, Serra S, Clarke B, Roehrl MH, Zhang T, Sukhai MA, Califaretti N, Trinkaus M, Shaw P, van der Kwast T, Wang L, Virtanen C, Kim RH, Razak AR, Hansen AR, Yu C, Pugh TJ, Kamel-Reid S, Siu LL, Bedard PL.
Molecular profiling of advanced solid tumors and patient outcomes with genotype-matched clinical trials: the Princess Margaret IMPACT/COMPACT trial.
Genome Med. 2016; 8(1):109.
Siu LL, Waldron JN, Chen BE, Winquist E, et al.
Effect of Standard Radiotherapy With Cisplatin vs Accelerated Radiotherapy With Panitumumab in Locoregionally Advanced Squamous Cell Head and Neck Carcinoma: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
JAMA Oncol. 2016; Epub ahead of print.
Bedard PL, Hansen AR, Ratain MJ, Siu LL.
Tumour heterogeneity in the clinic.
Nature. 2013; 501(7467):355-64.
- University of Toronto, Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year, 2016;
- University Health Network, BMO Financial Group Chair in Precision Genomics, 2016-2017;
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Research award, 2015;
- University of Toronto, Wightman-Berris Award for Individual Teaching Excellence, 2013-2014;
- University of Toronto, Division of Medical Oncology, Teaching Award, 2011;
- National Cancer Institute, Michaele C. Christian Oncology Development Award, 2010;
- Cancer Care Ontario, Tier 1 Research Chair in Experimental Therapeutics, 2009;
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Medical Oncology Residency Program Teaching Award, 2003;
- University of Toronto, Wightman-Berris Award for Teaching Excellence, 2003.
- FRCPC, University of Toronto;
- MD, University of Toronto.
Opportunities to collaborate
To collaborate with Dr. Siu, please contact her directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
- University Health Network Researcher Profile – Dr. Lillian Siu
- Cancer Genomics Program
- Tumor Immunotherapy Program
- American Society of Clinical Oncology – Dr. Lillian Siu
Dr. Lillian Siu