Dr. Parisa Shooshtari
Dr. Parisa Shooshtari received her PhD from the University of British Columbia in 2012 and went on to complete postdoctoral training at Yale University and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Most recently, Shooshtari served as a Research Associate with the Centre for Computational Medicine at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).
Shooshtari’s research program focuses on developing computational and statistical methods to understand cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying complex diseases. Her office and laboratory space is located within the Victoria Research Laboratories at the Victoria campus of the London Health Sciences Centre.
- Investigator I, OICR
- Assistant Professor, Western University
- Scientist, Children’s Health Research Institute
- Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute
- Machine learning
- Computational biology
- Data science
- Single-cell sequencing
- Shooshtari P, Huang H, Cotsapas C. Integrative Genetic and Epigenetic Analysis Uncovers Regulatory Mechanisms of Autoimmune Disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101(1):75-86.
- Choi J, Shooshtari P, Samocha KE, …, Cotsapas C. Network Analysis of Genome-Wide Selective Constraint Reveals a Gene Network Active in Early Fetal Brain Intolerant of Mutation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12(6):e1006121.
- Aghaeepour N, Finak G, Hoos H, …, Shooshtari P, …, Scheuermann R. Critical assessment of automated flow cytometry data analysis techniques. Nat Methods. 2013;10(3):228-38.
- Zare H, Shooshtari P, Gupta A, Brinkman RR. Data reduction for spectral clustering to analyze high throughput flow cytometry data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:403.
See Dr. Shooshtari’s recent publications on Google Scholar.
- Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Investigator I
- Yale University, Five-year postdoctoral training support
- CYTO 2011, Presidential Award for Excellence Finalist
- OCHROdb: A comprehensive, quality checked database of open chromatin regions from sequencing data
- Regfm: Regulatory fine mapping
- SamSPECTRAL: Sampling spectral clustering
- Research Associate, Centre for Computational Medicine, SickKids Research Institute
- Postdoctoral Associate, Yale University
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- PhD, University of British Columbia
Opportunities to collaborate
For opportunities to collaborate with Dr. Shooshtari, please contact her directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.
Dr. Parisa Shooshtari