Cancer clinical trials have evolved rapidly in recent years as investigators integrate an expanding body of knowledge into the design and analysis of clinical trials. Coupled with an increased importance on efficiency and availability of large data warehouses, there is an even greater need for identifying and using appropriate statistical methodologies. The focus of Dr. Gregory Pond’s research interests is in the statistical methodologies and analysis of cancer clinical trials, with an aim to facilitate the translation of scientific discoveries into the clinic.
- Investigator II, OICR
- PhD, Biostatistics, University of Toronto
- M.Sc., Statistics, Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- Senior P.Stat., Accredited as Professional Statistician, Statistical Society of Canada
- Biostatistician, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Biostatistician, Mayo Clinic
- Senior Investigator, OICR
- Associate Professor, Department of Oncology, McMaster University
- Director, Escarpment Cancer Research Institute
- Faculty Biostatistician, Ontario Clinical Oncology Group (OCOG)
- Elit LM, Fyles AW, Gu CS, Pond GR, …, Levine MN. Effect of Positron Emission Tomography Imaging in Women With Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2018;1(5):e182081.
- Caetano SJ, Dawe D, Ellis P, …, Pond GR. Methods to improve the estimation of time-to-event outcomes when data is de-identified. Stat Med. 2019;38(4):625-635.
- Klotz L, Loblaw A, Sugar L, …, Pond GR, Haider M. Active Surveillance Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study (ASIST): Results of a Randomized Multicenter Prospective Trial. Eur Urol. 2019;75(2):300-309.
- Sonpavde G, Pond GR, Rosenberg JE, …, Bajorin DF. Nomogram to Assess the Survival Benefit of New Salvage Agents for Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma in the Era of Immunotherapy. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018;16(4):e961-e967.
- Sonpavde G, Pond GR, Rosenberg JE, …, Bellmunt J. Improved 5-factor prognostic classification of patients receiving salvage systemic therapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma. J Urol. 2016; 195(2):277-82.
- Gan HK, Grothey A, Pond GR, …, Sargent D. Randomized Phase II Trials: Inevitable or Inadvisable? J Clin Oncol. 2010;28(15):2641-7.
See Dr. Pond’s recent publications on PubMed.
To collaborate with Dr. Pond, please contact him directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.