List highlights world’s most influential researchers of 2022 based on citations from the past 10 years
This year’s list of the world’s most highly cited researchers has been released, and three OICR-supported scientists are among them.
Compiled by data analytics firm Clarivate, the list showcases researchers who have published multiple papers over the past decade that rank in the top one per cent by citations for their field and the publication year. A citation is when one journal article is referenced in another research paper and is considered a strong indicator of a scientist’s influence and impact on research in their field.
A total of 6,938 researchers from 69 countries and regions made the 2022 list, including:
- Dr. Geoffrey Fong
- Professor of Psychology and Public Health Sciences at the University of Waterloo
- Founder and Principal Investigator of the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Project
- OICR Senior Investigator
- Dr. Jared Simpson
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Toronto
- OICR Mid-Career Investigator
- Dr. Lincoln Stein
- Professor of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto
- Head, Adaptive Oncology, OICR
OICR congratulates Drs. Fong, Simpson and Stein as well as the many collaborators who have contributed to their published works.