Dr. Faiyaz Notta
Dr. Faiyaz Notta is an Associate Researcher at OICR and Principal Investigator at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. He employs genomic, cell biology and single-cell approaches to decipher new molecular targets that are needed to treat pancreatic cancer.
Notta has made important contributions to our understanding of the genomic evolution of pancreatic cancers alongside Dr. Steven Gallinger as part of OICR’s PanCuRx Translational Research Initiative.
- Associate, OICR
- Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cancer stem cells
- Cancer genomics
- Cell biology
- Notta F, Chan-Seng-Yue M, Lemire M, …, Gallinger S. A renewed model of pancreatic cancer evolution based on genomic rearrangement patterns. Nature. 2016;538(7625):378-382.
- Notta F, Doulatov S, Laurenti E, …, Dick JE. Isolation of single human hematopoietic stem cells capable of long-term multilineage engraftment. Science. 2011;333(6039):218-21.
- Milyavsky M, Gan OI, Trottier M, …, Notta F, …, Dick JE. A distinctive DNA damage response in human hematopoietic stem cells reveals an apoptosis-independent role for p53 in self-renewal. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7(2):186-97.
See Dr. Notta’s recent publications on PubMed.
- PhD, University of Toronto
Opportunities to collaborate
To collaborate with Dr. Notta, please contact him directly.
Visit OICR’s Collaborative Research Resources directory for more opportunities to collaborate with OICR researchers.