Dr. Janet Dancey
Scientific Director, Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network
Dr. Janet Dancey is the leader of the Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN) and the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG). 3CTN is a pan-Canadian initiative to improve the efficiency and quality of clinical trials in Canada. 3CTN coordinates and supports a network of teams at cancer treatment centres and hospitals to enable sites to increase their capacity and capability to conduct academic-led cancer trials. CCTG is Canada’s largest cancer trial network with over 80 centres, 3,100 investigators and trial staff conducting Phase I-III trials of cancer therapeutics.
- Clinician-Scientist I, OICR;
- Scientific Director, Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN);
- Director, Canadian Cancer Trials Group;
- Professor, Department of Oncology, Queen’s University.
- Experimental therapeutics and biomarkers to improve treatments for patients with cancer;
- Clinical trial methodology;
- Clinical application of precision medicine strategies.
Schwartz LH, Seymour L, Litière S, et al.
RECIST 1.1 – Standardisation and disease-specific adaptations: perspectives from the RECIST Working Group.
Eur J Cancer. 2016 Jul;62:138-45. doi: 0.1016/j.ejca.2016.03.082.
Boyd N, Dancey JE, Gilks CB, Huntsman DG.
Rare cancers: a sea of opportunity.
Lancet Oncol. 2016 Feb;17(2):e52-61. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(15)00386-1.
PubMed PMID: 26868354.
Monzon JG, Hay AE, McDonald et al.
Correlation of single arm versus randomised phase 2 oncology trial characteristics with phase 3 outcome.
Eur J Cancer. 2015 Nov;51(17):2501-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2015.08.004.
PubMed PMID: 26338195.
Assessing benefit in trials: are we making progress in assessing progression in cancer clinical trials?
Cancer. 2015 Jun 1;121(11):1728-30. doi:10.1002/cncr.29084.
PubMed PMID: 25336284.
An MW, Dong X, Meyers J, Han Y, and Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors Steering Committee.
Evaluating Continuous Tumor Measurement-Based Metrics as Phase II Endpoints for Predicting Overall Survival.
J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015 Aug 21;107(11). pii: djv239. doi:10.1093/jnci/djv239.
PubMed PMID: 26296640 | PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4643633.
Previous experience and education
- Associate Chief, Investigational Drug Branch, Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute;
- Senior Clinical Investigator, Investigational Drug Branch, Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute;
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, The Toronto Hospital/Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Cancer Centre;
- Clinical Research Fellow, Institut Gustave Roussy. Supervisor: Dr. Thierry Le Chevalier;
- Clinical Research Fellow, NCIC Clinical Trials Group. Supervisors: Dr. Joseph L. Pater and Dr. Elizabeth Eisenhauer;
- Consultant, Kingston Regional Cancer Clinic;
- Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto;
- FRCPC Certification in Medical Oncology;
- Medical Oncologist, St. Michael’s Hospital, Department of Medicine;
- MD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Ottawa.
Opportunities to collaborate
Contact Dr. Dancey directly with opportunities to collaborate: email@example.com