Dr. Bauman is a radiation oncologist specializing in genitourinary and central nervous system malignancies. Bauman’s areas of research interest are multi-modality image guided radiotherapy and cancer imaging.
In particular, he is interested in molecular imaging for the characterization of primary advanced techniques such as PSMA targeted PET/CT and PET/MRI and multiparametric prostate MRI, including sodium imaging with correlation to co-registered histopathology. The use of PSMA PET for the detection and treatment of primary and oliogometastatic prostate cancer with precision radiotherapy is another of area of research interest.
Bauman is also a Professor and past Chair/Chief (2005-2020) of the Department of Oncology at the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University in London, Ontario and is an Associate Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute. Bauman received both his undergraduate and medical degrees from the Western University, where he also completed his residency in radiation oncology. He completed a clinical fellowship in radiation oncology in the area of adult and pediatric brain tumour treatment at the University of California at San Francisco.
- Chair/Chief, Department of Oncology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University
- MD, Western University
- Radiation Oncologist, London Regional Cancer Program
- Professor, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute
- Young, S., Liu, W., Zukotynski, K., Bauman, G. Prostate-specific membrane antigen targeted PET/CT for recurrent prostate cancer: a clinician’s guide (2021) Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy
- Liu, W., Zukotynski, K., Emmett, L., Chung, H.T., Chung, P., Wolfson, R., Rachinsky, I., Kapoor, A., Metser, U., Loblaw, A., Morton, G., Sexton, T., Lock, M., Helou, J., Berlin, A., Boylan, C., Archer, S., Pond, G.R., Bauman, G. Utilization of Salvage and Systemic Therapies for Recurrent Prostate Cancer as a Result of 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT Restaging (2021) Advances in Radiation Oncology, 6 (1), art. no. 100553
- Goodman, C.D., Fakir, H., Pautler, S., Chin, J., Bauman, G.S. Dosimetric Evaluation of PSMA PET-Delineated Dominant Intraprostatic Lesion Simultaneous Infield Boosts (2020) Advances in Radiation Oncology, 5 (2), pp. 212-220.
- Liu, W., Zukotynski, K., Emmett, L., Chung, H.T., Chung, P., Wolfson, R., Rachinsky, I., Kapoor, A., Metser, U., Loblaw, A., Morton, G., Sexton, T., Lock, M., Helou, J., Berlin, A., Boylan, C., Archer, S., Pond, G.R., Bauman, G. A Prospective Study of 18F-DCFPyL PSMA PET/CT Restaging in Recurrent Prostate Cancer following Primary External Beam Radiotherapy or Brachytherapy (2020) International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 106 (3), pp. 546-555.
- Broeke, N.C., Peterson, J., Lee, J., Martin, P.R., Farag, A., Gomez, J.A., Moussa, M., Gaed, M., Chin, J., Pautler, S.E., Ward, A., Bauman, G., Bartha, R., Scholl, T.J. Characterization of clinical human prostate cancer lesions using 3.0-T sodium MRI registered to Gleason-graded whole-mount histopathology (2019) Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 49 (5), pp. 1409-1419.